Sunday, October 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Buttercream


I did a small catering event for my mom this weekend.  It was a two day painting workshop that she was teaching.  I provided lunch for both days.  One of the days I make chocolate whoopie pies with a peanut butter frosting.

Peanut Butter Buttercream:
(Martha Stewart)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Fine salt (optional)

Directions:
Cream peanut butter and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed. 

















On low speed, mix in sugar until combined, then beat mixture on high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add salt to taste.

















I really like this frosting.  It's not too sweet, which the older I get the more I appreciate.  I would not skip the salt, I think it adds another layer of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment