Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pecan Buttermilk Pie

I feel like I might have an obsession with buttermilk.  Here's the thing... the store only carries one size and I usually only need like 1/4 cup and so I'm left with the majority of the container.  I don't want to throw it away but I also don't need to make a million biscuits.  Here is my most recent buttermilk creation.
















Pecan Buttermilk Pie:


1 pie crust (made from scratch or store bought)
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup pecans, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl take the beaten eggs and mix in the sugar.  Add the buttermilk, butter, vanilla, salt, and flour.  Mix together.  Place the pie crust in a pan and line with the chopped pecans.  Pour the custard over the nuts and bake for 40 minutes.  At the 40 minute mark reduce heat to 325 and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment