Monday, September 17, 2012

Bang Bang Cauliflower

I have a confession to make.  I've been trying to make this recipe for months and have thrown away a decent amount of cauliflower in the process.  I throw it down in my veggie tray, eat everything else and then by the time I remember that I have cauliflower it's time to throw it away.

I finally remembered the cauliflower and made this dish. It was good and a nice thing to do with cauliflower but it's not a substitution for Bang Bang Shrimp.






















Bang Bang Cauliflower:
(Around the Table)

Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
1 head cauliflower
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper
Green onion

Sauce:
1/4 cup lite mayo
1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar

Slice your cauliflower florets. Place the beaten egg in one bowl and mix the salt, pepper, and panko breadcrumbs in a different bowl. 

Dip florets into the egg and then coat with panko mixture.  Put them on a sheet pan and bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until brown

Mix all of your sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Coat your breaded cauliflower florets with the sauce, top with green onion, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment