Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grits- repost

I'm reposting this because I did it a while ago and I took some better pictures this weekend.

I love grits.  Seriously, it's my favorite.  Cheese grits are the best.  Whenever we do anything that involves breakfast food or seafood I am volunteered to bring the grits.

I use 5 minute quick grits.  I just don't feel like standing infront of the stove most days to stir the stone ground kind.

Ingredients:
1 cup of 5 minute "quick" grits, NOT instant
3 cups of water
1 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of butter
3/4 cup of cheese I like cheddar and swiss.
salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan, boil water.  After water comes to a boil add grits and turn off heat.  Stir with a whisk while the water is being absorbed. 















Add the butter, milk, and cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  It takes a decent amount of salt and pepper. 
















You can add more cheese or butter or whatever as you go.  Just try it.















Best breakfast ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment