Monday, August 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

I love cheesecake.  It's probably my favorite dessert.  One of the reasons that I like it so much is that you can add a million different flavors to it.  I love oreo, turtle, snickers, chocolate mint... the list goes on.

Here's one that I made this weekend.  I found peanut buttercups on sale so I decided to make a peanut buttercup cheesecake.

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake:
3 pounds cream cheese
4 eggs
2 T flour
2 T corn starch
3 cups sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
pinch of salt
10 large peanut butter cups
large spring form pan, greased with butter.


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Take a spring form pan and grease it well with either non-stick cooking spray or butter.

Cream the cheese and sugar well. Add corn starch, flour, vanilla salt, cream again.

Add eggs, one at a time.















Add chopped peanut buttercups this time.  Make sure cake is thoroughly mixed and smooth. Pour into pan.
















Bake until it's lightly brown on top and the center is solid to the touch, about 2 hours.  Remove from oven. let cool.

Refrigerate on the base of the springform pan in the fridge at least 12 hours before serving.

It's even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment