Monday, November 26, 2012

Jalapeno Pickles

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of pickles.  They are crazy gross to me and are the quickest way to get rid of my appetite.

However... my husband loves pickled jalapenos on just about everything.  I was on a canning spree and decided to try my hand at making some jalapeno pickles.  I really enjoyed making this batch of pickles.  They were easy to make and will last about a year in the pantry which gives me plenty of time to use them up on pizzas, chili's, and plenty of other things.





Jalapeno Pickles:
(adapted slightly from Food in Jars)

1 pound of jalapeno peppers, cut into slices
2 cups white vinegar
2 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons pickling salt
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

Pack clean, hot jars with peppers and the red pepper flakes. Pour hot brine over top. Bubble your jars thoroughly by tapping them firmly on the countertop and using a wooden chopstick to release any stubborn bubbles. Wipe rims, apply lids and bands.

Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Store in cool, dark place for up to a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment