Monday, May 30, 2011

Blue Crab Festival




Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Mr. T and I took our long weekend and enjoyed some one on one time.  The City of Palatka has a Blue Crab Festival every year during Memorial Day weekend.  This was our first trip out there to experience this "World Famous" food fiesta.

The art section of the festival left quite a bit to be desired, but whatever.  It's a crab festival, not an art festival. 

Mr. T and I passed a bunch of booths that were filled with an assortment of glorious fried foods, steamed crabs, and seafood combos.  We finally settled on a booth; Mr. T got the "3 crab dinner" and I got the "Captain's Platter".  I've been told on several occasions that if you're ever in a place that offers a "Captain's Platter" to order it.  Its always full of excitement and a myriad of random foods.



Here's my "Captain's Platter". I got 2 pieces of fish (I think it was grouper), shrimp, scallops, hush puppies, coleslaw, french fries, and a crab.  Mr. T's dinner had the same sides (hush puppies, coleslaw, and french fries) but he got 3 crabs.

The food was great but I am the person that needs to eat crab at a table, with a tons of paper towels, and a mallet/crackers/hammer/whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment