Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wilton Cake Decorating- Class #4

I'm finished with my first round of cake decorating classes!!  Impressed? (You should be)  Here's a recap from my final class for session #1.














We did more flower work this week and worked on our final cake.  The cake was decorated and pre-iced at home.  In case you're wondering I made a basic yellow cake with a strawberry filling.

We also worked on writing.  The instructor showed us how to write in print and cursive.  Print isn't for me so I stuck with cursive.

We also learned how to make some basic ribbon roses.  It is important when making roses to have your icing tip facing the correct way.  The rose on the left was made with the tip upside down.  Whoops.














We took the rest of the class to work on our final cakes.  I am the prime example of why you should have an idea of what you want your cake to look like before you start decorating it.  Whatever, my coworkers enjoyed eating it the next day... plus, I had a lot of fun.

2 comments: