Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yogurt Smothered Chicken

My Aunt Becky makes a chicken dish for dinner that she and my mom love.  I decided to take some inspiration from her and make my own version.  She uses mayonnaise but I opted for Greek Yogurt (my new best friend).

I felt like this needed to cook a decent amount of time for what it was so make sure you check it before you dig in.  The yogurt gave the chicken a nice tangy flavor and the onions added some crunch to the meal.  Mr. T wasn't the biggest fan but I really enjoyed it.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, those purple things on the plate are actually roasted purple carrots.  They were really good.


















Yogurt Smothered Chicken:
(Inspired from my Aunt Becky)

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many people you're serving)
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 cup Greek yogurt
2/3 cup French's French Fried Onions
1 tablespoon garlic and her seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.

Brush each chicken breast with dijon mustard and season with salt, pepper, and the garlic seasoning.  Place in the pan you're going to use to bake in and cover the chicken with Greek yogurt.  Top with the onions and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until cooked through.  The onions should be a little golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment