Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken Soft Tacos

I love chicken tacos.  I love playing with the seasonings, using different salsas, adding toppings, the whole thing.  Taco night is my favorite night.

Chicken Soft Tacos:

1 package of boneless, skinless, chicken breast
2 tablespoons of Mexican Seasoning
juice of 1 lime (or lemon if you don't have the lime)
1 tablespoon olive juice
lettuce, shredded
diced tomatoes
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
salsa
sour cream
shredded cheese
black olives (optional)
warmed black and/or pinto beans
soft taco shells

Take the chicken and either cut it into bite size cubes or into strips.  Whichever you like.  Put the chicken in a bag with the Mexican seasoning olive oil, and the lime juice. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.  When the chicken is finished marinating, cook in a skillet over medium/medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink.  Depending on the size that the chicken has been cut into it could take 5-10 minutes.

The rest is just about laying.  I tend to buy smaller taco shells, the ones labeled for fajitas.  I know I'm going to eat 2 of them anyway, I might as well make 2 smaller ones.

Here's how I make a taco:

- layer of sour cream
- chicken pieces
- beans
- cheese
- onions
- lettuce
- salsa
- Cilantro Yogurt Sauce (when I'm feeling crazy)


Tacos are all about what you want to put on them.  Add more, take away some, whatever.  Go nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment