Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake

I made pumpkin cheesecake to go with our Christmas Dinner this year.  I used my basic cheesecake recipe, added some pumpkin puree and spices, and let it go.

Remember with cheesecake, cooking it low and slow is the best way to make sure it comes out perfect.  Also, if you don't want the top of the cake cracking make sure you put a water bath in the oven while it bakes.

















Pumpkin Cheesecake:

3 pounds of cream cheese
3 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can of pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix

Crust:
gingersnap crumbs
melted butter

I don't know exactly how many cookies I used but I filled my small food processor 3 times to make the crumbs.  Just guestimate and make sure that you have enough to make a crust.  Bake at 300 degrees for a couple of minutes.

To make the cake:

In a mixer mix the cream cheese and sugar together.  Add the cornstarch, flour, vanilla, and spices,  Mix together again.

Add the eggs one at a time and then pumpkin puree and mix one last time.  Pour into the prepared crust and bake for roughly 2 hours or until the cake is slightly golden on top and set all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment