Monday, January 30, 2012

Wilton Cake Decorating- Class #2

Sorry friends, I'm a couple of weeks behind with my cake decorating recap.  My bad.

We decorated an entire cake this week!  We did the whole thing, start to finish.  (Not the baking, you do that bit at home)  We took the entire process step by step: leveling the cake, filling the cake, stacking the layers evenly, doing both layers of icing, and finally decorating it.

Before we were able to decorate the cake we learned how to make dots, stars, and zig zags.  (I didn't take any pictures of that part... sorry)

These basics led up to choosing a design and trying it out.  We used piping gel to transfer the image from the paper to the cake, it was a good idea and something that I hadn't thought about before. After the transfer was finished it became a simple matter of tracing over the image. (If you look at the bottom of the fish you can see where I didn't quite pipe over the piping gel)

Here's the finished cake!

1 comment: