Monday, September 5, 2011

Fried Cube Steak

I grew up eating cube steak, as I've mentioned before.  Mr. T and I also eat a decent amount of it.  It's cheap and a little bit can go a pretty long way.  I hate to make something the exact same way each time we have it so the other night I decided to play around with it and came came up with this.

This is one of the great things about cooking.  I dug around in the pantry and used what we had.  Sometimes it works (like today) sometimes it's a giant failure.  The worst thing that can happen is that the food taste bad, if that happens, order a pizza.  Life goes on and you can say that you learned something.

















Fried Cube Steak:

4 cube steaks
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon steak seasoning (I used Montreal Steak seasoning)
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 sweet onion, sliced

In a skillet on medium high heat, heat up the butter and olive oil.  Let the butter melt.  Add the onion and garlic.

Mix together the corn starch, pepper, garlic powder, and steak seasoning.  Coat both sides of the steaks with the corn starch mixture and shake off the extra.

When the onion starts to get soft add the steaks to the pan.  Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment