Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chipotle Steak Quesadillas

I love meals that I can use left overs to make.  We made skirt steak fajitas the other night and had some left over tortillas, vegetables, and steak.  We picked up some cheese and changed the seasonings a little bit and had a brand new dinner.


















Chipotle Steak Quesadillas:

1 skirt steak
3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
2 tablespoons chipotle sauce  (Mr. T's favorite)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
soft tortillas
shredded cheese (I buy the Mexican blend)
bell pepper, sliced
sweet white onion, sliced

In a bowl, mix the Mrs. Dash, Chipotle sauce, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil together.  Put the steak in the bowl and cover with the spice mix.  Sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to over night.

When ready to make the quesadillas, remove the meat and place in a hot skillet with a little bit of oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.  Let rest for a couple of minutes before cutting.

I used leftover veggies that I had sauteed, but this is where you would want to saute your veggies.

Now to assemble!  In a dry skillet on low heat place the tortilla.  Add a layer of cheese.  When the cheese just starts to melt add the veggies and steak. 















I'm one of those people that tends to over stuff quesadillas so try to hold yourself back, I understand.  Top with a little more cheese and as soon as the bottom layer of cheese has melted fold it in half!


















** Disclaimer- Mrs. Dash and Cholula have no idea who I am and did not compensate me in any way.  I just like their products. **

No comments:

Post a Comment