Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning

I'm envious of people that have the discipline to sit down and plan out what their family eats every week.  I'm better than I have been in the past, but I still have a long way to go.

I don't know what people who are good at planning meals do every week but here is what I'm doing.
  • Every week I look at the Publix ad.  That way I know what's on sale and sometimes they have some good recipes on their web site.
  • I look at what we have in the house.  Since we've just moved there's not a lot to choose from but it never hurts to get a refresher.
  • I see what my friends are making and I look at my favorite blogs.  A lot of the recipes I have come from friends, family, and other blogs.
  • Also, ask the other people in your house what they want to eat.  It sounds silly but sometimes I forget to ask Mr. T what he wants to eat.
So... Here's what I have going on this week.

Monday:  Spaghetti with meat sauce.
Tuesday: Chipotle Rubbed Flank Steak (i'll probably use skirt steak because it's on sale this week)
Wednesday: We're going to with some friends for dinner
Thursday: Tacos: maybe ground turkey
Friday: Hummus and veggie wraps
Saturday: Left overs
Sunday:  I'm thinking about making some soup

2 comments:

  1. So wish I had the discipline to meal plan!! Maybve after a I graduate... the menu looks great though!

    ReplyDelete