Friday, July 8, 2011

The Top

The Top
30 North Main Street
Gainesville, FL 32601
352.337.1188



I can't believe that I haven't talked about this place before.  The Top in Gainesville is seriously my favorite restaurant ever.  It's located downtown on University and Main.  The decor is far out there (Colt 45 light up beer sign next to a bear lamp and some flying geese) and there is usually at least a 30 minute wait, on a good night, but it's totally worth it.

There is something for everyone, which is the main reason I like it (along with the Woodchuck on draft).  They have amazing, high quality steaks and the best local tempeh.  If you talk to anyone that goes there on a regular basis they will tell you to get the sweet potato fries and the peanut butter pie.  They are correct.  Do it!

Here's a run down of some my favorites:




Sesame crusted Ahi Tuna



Grapefruit Gimlet                                     Shrimp and Grits- Southern Night!


Peanut Butter Pie!!!

I don't have a picture, but their hamburgers are unbeatable.  The blue cheese and bacon one of my favorite.  Mr. T likes the "Widowmaker".  It's an espresso rubbed burger with bacon and something spicy.

The later you go the longer your wait is going to be.  It's also going to get louder and darker.  If this isn't your thing I strongly suggest going during the week and closer to 5:00.

Weekly Specials:
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday
- Wednesday: Southern Night

No comments:

Post a Comment