Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Banana Pudding

I'm from the South.  Banana Pudding is a big thing.  It's one of the dishes that I remember making with my Grandma.  She would leave my sister and I in charge of laying out the vanilla wafers.  To this day it's one of my favorite desserts, there have been days that I just got banana pudding for lunch.

Grandma's Banana Pudding:

Ingredients:
3 cups cold milk
1 container of cool-whip
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding
1 box vanilla wafers
3-4 medium bananas, sliced

Preparation:

Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk until well blended. Let it sit for 5 minutes.  Fold in the container of cool-whip.

Layer the bottom and sides of your serving bowl with the wafers and top with layers of banana slices and pudding. Repeat until your serving bowl is full.

Refrigerate for 3 hours.

I don't usually add cool-whip to banana pudding but I was trying to stretch this recipe a little bit.  I had NO leftovers!!  I love banana pudding so much, plus it's an easy thing to make and it can be done the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment