Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spicy Sausage Dip

I love dips.  I think they are always a good thing to have a party.  You can buy one type of chip and have multiple dips to go with them.  Talk about easy!

I'm not the biggest fan of sausage but Mr. T loves it.  The rest of my family loves it too so I pulled this out of my Grandma's recipe box and updated it a little bit.


Spicy Sausage & Cheese Dip:
Ingredients:

1 (16 oz.) package spicy sausage
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ red onion, diced small
1 jalapeno, diced small
Hot sauce, to taste

Directions:

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the crumbled sausage until browned. Drain. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is warmed through.  Add shredded cheeses and continue to stir until the ingredients are well blended. Serve warm.

**The original dip is just sausage, tomatoes with chilies, cream cheese, and hot sauce.**

No comments:

Post a Comment