Friday, July 2, 2010

Veggies

I love veggies.  My favorite supper to make is chicken or fish, yellow rice, and sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms.  I know it's not fancy but it's easy and good.

Sauteed Mushrooms, Peppers, and Onions:

1 bell pepper
1vidalia onion (or other sweet onion)
1 container of mushrooms.  I usually use baby bellas but use whatever you like or have available.
1 clove of garlic

Slice your peppers and onions into strips.  Mince your garlic clove.















Take your mushrooms.  Wipe them clean with a paper towel.  Cut each one in half.



Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  Add one tablespoon of butter (or margarine) to the pan as well.  Let them heat up.

I usually add the peppers to the pan first and let them cook for about a minute.  Then I add everything else.



Stir everything so it all heats evenly.  Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!!  This really goes with everything and adds something fresh to a meal.  Plus, I just love peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

1 comment: