Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pan Seared Salmon

I'm in a wedding this coming May for one of my best friends (SQUEE!!!) and I'm using it as motivation to drop some more weight.  I've had a love-hate relationship with food for my whole life and while I love all foods I tend to love them too much.  I've had a lot of luck in the past with Weight Watchers so I'm giving it another shot.  Mr. T is doing it with me.

Tonight I decided to take advantage of the Sockeye Salmon that's on sale.  I didn't check the points out for the actual salmon before I went to the store.  The fillet I got came out to about 6 points.  This could be done with tilapia which is only 2 points per 3-ounce fillet.

Baked Salmon:(10 Weight Watchers Points)

1 salmon fillet
1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Old Bay
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix the butter, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and Old Bay together and spread on top of the salmon.















Spray a sheet pan with non-stick spray.  Place fish, crumb side up on the sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes or until the top is crispy.  Check mid way through and adjust time as needed.















Sorry for the bad picture.  I originally thought I'd just pan sear it but I think baking will turn out better, and less messy.  :)

1 comment: