Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BBQ Shrimp- Part 2

Remember when I shared my new love affair for New Orleans BBQ Shrimp?  I was determined to make it but I didn't know when.  Well, tonight was the night! 

Publix had shrimp on sale so I decided that it was better time than any to try it out.  I am so glad I did.  It's my new favorite shrimp recipe.   I used a recipe that came out of Screen Doors and Sweet Tea, which is one of my favorite cookbooks.  I tweaked it a little bit and it really is fantastic.

New Orleans BBQ Shrimp:
(adapted from: Screen Doors and Sweet Tea)

1 cup unsalted butter
½ cup olive oil
¼ Worcestershire Sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon blackening spice (I use Old Bay)
½ teaspoon Old Bay
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 lemon, thinly sliced
3 pounds of shrimp with the shell and tails on. (21-25 count)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400*.

In a large ovenproof skillet over low heat. Melt the butter with the olive oil.

Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, old bay(s), black pepper, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and lemon slices.
















Add the shrimp and stir to coat well with the sauce.

Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the shrimp is pink. Stir occasionally.














Spoon the shrimp and sauce into bowl and serve with sliced French bread.

If I was smart i'd keep all of the shrimp shells and make a seafood stock out of them.  I can't wait to make this again.  It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment