Friday, July 9, 2010

Confetti Corn Salad

Before Mr. T and I got married we had a bridal shower (I guess I should say I had a bridal shower, I think he went out with some friends and got wings).  One of the gifts I got was a cook book from my cousin Kristi.  She got it from the Junior League of Pensacola.  It's full of amazing recipes and invitation ideas for about a dozen different party themes.  I recommend it to anyone looking to add to their cookbook collection.



















Spanish Confetti Corn Toss:
(adapted from: Invitation Only:Artful Entertaining Southern Style)

2 (16-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
½ cup chopped purple onion
1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin


Combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a large bowl and mix gently. Combine the vegetable oil, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl and mix well. Add to the vegetable mixture and mix gently. Chill, covered, for 3 hours or longer. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and tortilla chips.

In the summer I think it would be nice to use fresh corn.  It just depends on what time of year it is and what you have available where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment