Monday, July 12, 2010

Coleslaw

I'll admit it, i'm picky when it comes to coleslaw.  I hate sour slaw.  I love the slaw at Sonny's but that's about it.  I really wanted to try a coleslaw for our 4th of July cookout.  I found this one and it looked like it could be a winner.

Sweet and Creamy Coleslaw:
(Pioneer Woman- Tasty Kitchen)

Ingredients:
1 cup Half-and-half
6 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 whole Medium Sized Head Of Cabbage, Grated
2-3 whole Carrots, Grated

Directions:

In a lidded jar, shake together the half and half, vinegar, sugar, mayo, garlic, pepper, and salt until well blended.

Place grated cabbage and carrots in a large bowl, pour on dressing, toss together.





























Chill at least an hour in the fridge before serving so flavors can blend.

Again, I forgot to take a final picture.  (I'm not doing well am I?!)  This was a really good slaw.  I made it the night before and let it sit all night.  I want to try to make the dressing a little thicker (more mayo?) next time but other than that the dressing was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment