Friday, October 28, 2011

The Dillard House

I recently went on a trip to north Georgia.  Part of this trip included going to The Dillard House in Dillard, GA.  I've heard about this place from my family and some friends.  This was my first experience.














We arrived towards the end of the service but were able to get a pretty nice window seat. 














The food was served family style and was all you could eat (they even gave us take home boxes).  We had our choice of: bacon, sausage links, sausage patties, pork chops, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage gravy, red eye gravy, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, fruit, cinnamon apples, orange juice, and muffins.  I was good to go until supper time.














Everything was great.  My favorite things were the bacon (of course), chicken fried steak, and the cinnamon apples.  The service was really fantastic.  I was however, a little disappointed with the biscuits.  I think I might have just picked the wrong one out of the basket because I was told that they other one was great.  That is the main reason I hate being at the end of service.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the breakfast menu but here's the lunch menu for the day.  Next time we go up that way I plan on stopping by and trying out lunch or dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment