Monday, October 10, 2011

Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms

Mr.T and I eat a lot of mushrooms. They're tasty and something that we both grew up with. I found this recipe in a cookbook that was given to me at one of my bridal showers 3 years ago. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that this is the first time.I've used it.































Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms:

(Family Favorites- Vegetables)

1 pound white mushrooms
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Wipe all of the mushrooms clean and trim the stems off. Cut the large ones in half so all the mushrooms cook at the same time. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the oil has absorbed into the mushrooms.

Reduce the heat to low and let the mushrooms cook. Reduce the heat to low.  When the juices have come out of the mushrooms, increase the heat and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add a squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper.  Cook for an additional minute then serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment